POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR EARLY CAREER RESEARCHERS AS A GUEST EDITOR ON A MAGMA SPECIAL ISSUE IN 2025
On the following topics:
- Reproducibility and Quality Assurance (coordinated by Dr. Tony Stoecker)
- Open Science (coordinated by Dr. Francesco Santini)
Magnetic Resonance Materials in Physics, Biology and Medicine (MAGMA) is offering two guest editorial opportunities for Early Career Researchers (ECRs).
The positions are aimed to provide ECRs with the opportunity to gain insights into the editorial process including handling submissions, inviting reviewers, reviewing manuscripts, and making a recommendation and editorial decision with the help of the other guest editors and editor-in-chief of MAGMA, David Norris. In particular, this position provides an opportunity to learn about research that contributes to scientific progress in certain topics of interest (i.e. “Special Issues”). Previously published Special Issues can be found at (https://www.springer.com/journal/10334/updates/17175718). Both positions are for the duration of one year, starting at the end of 2024.
Interested candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Association with ESMRMB (by membership, having attended conferences or workshops, etc)
- Affinity with and knowledge in the field of the special issue, e.g. publications, invited talks, open code repositories.
- Served as a peer reviewer for a journal
To apply, candidates are asked to provide the following by 1st March 2024 23:59 CET:
- Updated C.V.
- Short motivation letter describing why you are suited, and what you will gain from this experience.
Please send the PDF documents by email to email@example.com